Pin up parties and events are making a huge comeback lately. Vintage pin up fashion and rockabilly culture is more popular than ever. As a savvy event promoter or pin up enthusiast, you likely want to organize your own unique pin up themed event or party.
Planning and promoting a successful pin up party takes creativity, organization, and knowledge of pin up culture. This comprehensive guide will provide tips and advice on all aspects of pin up promotions so you can throw the hottest vintage-inspired event in town.
- Selecting the Perfect Pin Up Party Theme
- Decorating for a Perfectly Pin Up Bash
- Planning Fun Retro Activities and Entertainment
- Serving Up Retro Treats and Cocktails
- Spreading the Word: Promoting Your Pin Up Party
- Throwing an Unforgettable Pin Up Bash
- FAQs About Planning Pin Up Events
Selecting the Perfect Pin Up Party Theme
The first step in planning your pin up party is choosing an exciting theme. The theme will guide all other aspects of your event such as decor, activities, music, food, and more. Here are some fun pin up party theme ideas to consider:
Rockabilly and Retro Theme
Go all out with a rockin’ rockabilly theme. Blast Bill Haley, Elvis Presley, and other oldies as guests show up in their best poodle skirts and leather jackets. Set the mood with checkered tablecloths, retro candy, and records as decor. You can even hold a twist contest!
Burlesque Cabaret Soiree
Transform your venue into an upscale cabaret and burlesque lounge. Velvet couches, chandeliers, martinis, and glamorous feather boas will transport guests to an era of sensual elegance Promotional Staff in Newcastle. Hire burlesque dancers as entertainment to complete the sultry speakeasy atmosphere.
Classic Hollywood and Vintage Glam Theme
Roll out the red carpet and have paparazzi line the entrance! A Hollywood golden era theme is perfect for a formal or black tie optional dress code. Hire Marilyn Monroe and James Dean look-alikes as hosts to make guests feel like A-list celebs.
Pin Up Pool Party
What’s better than gorgeous gals in vintage swimsuits? Host a retro poolside day party with DJs spinning sunny tunes, frothy cold drinks, and lawn games like cornhole. Hand out leis and oversized sunglasses to complete the kitschy vibe.
Decorating for a Perfectly Pin Up Bash
Once you’ve chosen a pin up party theme, it’s time to decorate! Use these tips to make your venue pop with retro flair:
- Scatter polka dot tablecloths, fringed lampshades, old records, and photo props like feather boas around
- Make a bold backdrop like a Hollywood “Pin Up Promotions” sign or string of retro postcards
- Display vintage advertisements, posters, records, and other memorabilia on the walls
- Use bright pops of primary colors like red, yellow, turquoise to liven up the space
- Add fun details like checkerboard floors, a candy bar, and string lights to complete the retro ambiance
Don’t be afraid to go bold and kitschy with the decor! Over the top retro decorations will make guests instantly feel like they stepped back in time.
Planning Fun Retro Activities and Entertainment
The entertainment is key to keeping your pin up party lively and rockin’. Plan a variety of interactive activities and performances to wow your guests:
- Pin up makeovers: Hire pin up stylists to do rockabilly hair, makeup, and outfit makeovers for guests. Provide costume accessories like false lashes, victory rolls, bandanas.
- Photoshoots: Set up a glamorous backdrop for guests to take pin up style photos. Provide props like boas, hats, hula hoops, pom poms, and signs.
- Burlesque and variety show: Book professional burlesque dancers, singers, magicians, and comedians to entertain guests cabaret style.
- Pin up pageant or contest: Hold a pin up competition like “Miss Rockabilly” or “Pin Up of the Night” judged by guest applause. Give prizes for categories like best hair, makeup, outfit.
- Pin up dance lessons: Hire swing, lindy hop, or rockabilly dance teachers to give guests a fun lesson. Make it a contest or give prizes for best dancers.
- Rockabilly bands: Hire a high energy band or DJ playing classics like Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, The Cramps, Wanda Jackson, and more.
Serving Up Retro Treats and Cocktails
Vintage treats and tipples are a must for your pin up party menu! Cater with these retro refreshments:
- Milkshakes and malts with mini burger sliders and fries
- Hot dogs, popcorn, and cracker jacks
- Mac and cheese or potato salad in martini glasses
- Mini cherry, apple, and blueberry pies
- Cookies, cupcakes, cake pops with rockabilly designs
- Classic cocktails like Whiskey Sours, Manhattans, Sidecars, Gimlets
- Punch bowls with bubbly vintage sodas
- Milkshakes spiked with liquor
- Beer, wine, champagne in retro glassware
- Non-alcoholic options like egg creams, malts, and fruity lemonades
Aim for festive flavors and serve drinks in malt glasses, milkshake cups, Mason jars, or retro glassware. Guests will love the fun retro treats!
Spreading the Word: Promoting Your Pin Up Party
You’ve planned an amazing rockin’ event—now get the word out so people attend! Use these promo tips:
- Create event pages on Facebook, Eventbrite, Meetup so people can easily RSVP
- Post on social media often with exciting announcements, teasers, photos, and videos
- Make enticing posters, flyers, banners with graphics and text like “Rockabilly Pool Party of the Century!”
- Send email blasts with updates and reminders to your contact list
- Offer discounts or perks like “First 50 tickets are 50% off!” to incentivize early sales
- Contact local media to be featured in event calendars and nightlife segments
- Network with pin up influencers who will share your event with their established audience
Successful event promotion requires starting early and keeping your event top of mind through consistent digital and in-person marketing.
Throwing an Unforgettable Pin Up Bash
Planning a stellar pin up themed event takes dedication but it’s worth it to throw a party guests will rave about forever. With a creative theme, rockin’ activities, delicious refreshments, and strategic promotion, your pin up promotion will be the hottest ticket in town!
As the host, make sure to have fun and interact with your guests. Pose for photos, teach pin up poses, and show off your best dance moves. Your enthusiasm will ensure everyone has an unforgettable evening.
FAQs About Planning Pin Up Events
Still have questions about throwing a sensational pin up party? Here are answers to 5 frequently asked questions:
What is the best venue for a pin up party?
Consider bars, nightclubs, bowling alleys, outdoor patios, or anywhere fun and lively. The space should match your theme and activities.
What is a good budget for a pin up event?
Budget at least $1000 – $2000 to cover the venue, decor, food, drinks, entertainment, promo, and more. The bigger the event, the higher the budget.
How early should I start promoting a pin up event?
Start promoting 2-3 months in advance online. Print posters and distribute flyers 1 month out to build local buzz.
Should my pin up party have a dress code?
Optional vintage dress codes are fun! “Rockabilly glam” or “Cocktail chic” give guests dress code ideas without requirements.
How do I get sponsors to support my pin up event?
Offer brand promotion through social media, custom drinks, logo banners, product giveaways. Personalized pitches work best.
Planning an exciting pin up event does take time, passion, and dedication. But the end result is a wildly fun time that makes an impression on your community. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to pin up party success!